Jim Stuyck

Default Flamebait: My Weekend at Home Depot

"Ben Siders" wrote in message
news

So you guys aren't kidding! Some of the marginal life forms meandering
the aisles of Home Depot make the skin crawl. The people are Lowe's are
never like that to me. At worst, they pretend to know things they don't
and cheerfully offer helpful "advice" that's so obviously wrong that even
I know enough to nod politely and ignore it.

Hmmm...I went to my nearby Home Depot on Sunday morning,
approached a young fellow in the lumber area, and said, "I need
about 28 inches of a 2x6 pressure treated board." He promptly
picked out the straightest he could find, measured 28", started up
the radial arm saw, and cut the piece. Wrote me a ticket for
$2 and away I went. YMMV.

Jim Stuyck