Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Landscaping timbers -- life expectancy?

wrote:

few will be willing to spend the bucks for a proper footer, and heavy
construction necessary for a long lasting wall. any wall with wood is
a waste of effort, heck even creosote timbers fail eventually.

I helped tear out a really well constucted 50 year old wall, with 5
foot deep footers it still failed.

we chipped the top of the footer off and let grass cover it.

I stand by all walls fail.

as a test how many older walls in your neighborhood still look good?

Well, not in my neighborhood exactly...

* The "Wailing Wall" in Jerusalem is a little over 2,000 years old.
* The Great Wall of China is even older.