Posted to alt.home.repair
NapalmHeart[_2_] NapalmHeart[_2_] is offline

Default Drywall question

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Jul 15, 5:23 pm, "NapalmHeart"
wrote:
Thanks to all for the replies.

Here's what I figure I'll do. Since we will eventually use
one of the available products that raise the floor up away
from the concrete I'm going to install the board with the
taper left on, rather than losing the width of the taper.
I'll get some 3/8" board to use between the upper and
lower
sheets to try to minimize the number of joints to tape and
mud. If the taper present a problem with the baseboard
I'll

shim behind it to bring it back out.

Ken

If you mean 'behind the sheetrock', don't. Any shimming
should be on
the front and it will be hidden by the baseboard anyhow.

Harry K
No, of course not. Just enough shim behind the baseboard to
bring it back straight,

Thanks for the reply.

Ken