Posted to rec.woodworking
PCPaul PCPaul is offline

Default Bike wheel for a bandsaw..

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 06:34:20 -0500, Frank Boettcher wrote:

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:35:51 GMT, PCPaul wrote:

I can easily rig up a surface for the blade to ride on.

The consistent tracking of a blade relies on a crowned surface. You can
do this?

To be honest, I don't know. *But*.. what I was planning to do was use two-
part epoxy to fill the rim in and to overflowing, then sand it to either
flat with a tyre on or crowned if it's soft enough to cope with the teeth.

TBH making a plywood wheel is looking easier, especially since I still
have the useable axle and bearings from the original wheel.