Posted to sci.electronics.repair
junebug1701 junebug1701 is offline

Default That brown glue stuff

On Jul 13, 8:42 am, "N_Cook" wrote:
Used for fixing otherwise floppy bits to boards.
Is it hygroscopic ? whatever the word is, but pulls dampness out of the air.
Beocenter 4000 from 1985 with the LC7815 (not V reg) electronic 2 pole 4 way
switch, internally locked into Aux only input, so disabling everything else.
0.7 inch pitch 28 pin DIP but now removed and replacement available.
Affected input was on one side of the IC and some of this ****ty brown stuff
on the other.

Nigel, from my experience this brown glue eventually turns dark brown,
and when it does it becomes conductive. I have found it difficult to
remove. A plastic serrated knife like you might find in a take-away
food box works well and is soft enough not to damage the traces on the
board. I really hate that glue.

James