Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus19502 Ignoramus19502 is offline

Default Brass ACME nut repair

On 2008-07-16, DoN. Nichols wrote:
_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_

But the middle looked like this:

The nut was worn too -- but not nearly as much as the leadscrew.

I have this too, but not much. I received the nut today and it does
fit the leadscrew. I machined it today to be of yoke shape instead of
square. I need to solder a little extra brass padding to complete the
shape, and drill/tap that for the screw. I hope to have a replacement
in a few days. I will not in any way disturb the original nut, so this
is all quite safe.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/