Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_8_] SteveB[_8_] is offline

Default Removing slight rises in concrete floor?

Calab wrote:

I'm getting ready to lay a laminate floor in my basement. The floor
is smooth enough, except for two places.

In one place, there was a 2'x4' when the floor was poured. This
created a raised area and a lip, as well as a depression where the
2'x4' was. I have no problem filling the depression, but I can't
figure out how to remove the "hump" around it. I've tried a chisel
and large hammer with little results.

The second is simply a small hump in the concrete. Unfortunately, it
comes up enough to interfere with the flooring, so I need to smooth
it out.

Anyone have any ideas how I could do this?

Thanks!

Rent a concrete grinder. It looks like a floor polisher.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement