Posted to rec.woodworking
PCPaul PCPaul is offline

Default Bike wheel for a bandsaw..

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 21:08:32 +0000, Smaug Ichorfang wrote:

PCPaul wrote in
om:

Hi,

I'm repairing a two wheel bandsaw and need a top wheel for it.

What's wrong with the original wheel? Is there no way it could be
bodged up into working again?

The bicycle wheel idea sounds interesting if you have the time to play
with it, and you're not expecting too much. I'd love to hear how it
turns out. I've been wanting to build my own bandsay and this might be
good way to come up with some of the required parts.

The original wheel was plastic and had a crack through the centre. The
bandsaw was used with it like that until it got so worn the blade
wouldn't track (not by me).

So the whole centre of the wheel (where the bearings were a press fit) is
effectively gone.