Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Rawlplug just turning, how can I get a grip?

Andy Hall wrote:

One point here is not to use this as a replacement for what should be a
sound mechanical fixture. Polyurethane is not a good gap filler at all
and not mechanically strong when used in this way. OK, if the plug is
pretty much sound first.

I've used the polyester resin that is used with studs for resin fixings
in this application. Clean hole (important), squirt a little into
hole and push in plug. Leave for a couple of hours and rock solid.

The Ubiquitous and Wonderful Car Body Filler (UWCBF) can be used for
this as well.

I would certainly agree for a heavy duty function, that would be
preferable, or even essential. But where I have played around with the
polyurethane, I am convinced it is quite impressive - might even be
better than when used in wood.

--
Rod

onset.