Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Rawlplug just turning, how can I get a grip?

On 2008-07-15 08:51:49 +0100, The Natural Philosopher said:

stuart noble wrote:
cj wrote:
Another thing you could try is fitting a larger size plug (once you
remove the old plug)
As already posted the screw trick normally works but you can always run
the drill in again to remove the plug.
You posted using a 6mm bit.
Normally a 5.5mm is used for Red plugs and a 7mm for Brown but if the
plugs came with the shelf they could be any size .
Try your local DIY store for plugs of different sizes.

HTH
CJ

Often you can just whack a smaller plug into the bigger one, which
effectively adds packing without removing the plug

Or fill the hole with CBF and then either ram the plug into that, or
sinply use that as the plug istead!

Almost simultaneous replies. UWCBF comes to the rescue again.

I reckon that almost all DIY jobs can be done with this and an angle grinder.