Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
exray[_2_] exray[_2_] is offline

Default Tag terminal desoldering technique/s ?

philsvintageradios wrote:

I think that was the mistake I was tending to make. I would really do
a good job of attaching the wire mechanically, then solder it. My
thought was that the other joints were not done so well because they
were being done in a mass production environment. I never had any
problems with poor connections on anything that I touched, but I have
cursed myself a few times for tying stuff together too well before
soldering.
Phil

Dontcha just hate to work on a Hallicrafters rig of the "pink capacitor"
era with miniature 7/9 pin tubes? Every connection is neatly and
tightly wrapped with a proper but minimal application of solder.

Bit of a bear to work on but I can't say I've ever seen parts popping
loose in them.

-Bill