Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
philsvintageradios philsvintageradios is offline

Default Tag terminal desoldering technique/s ?

On Jul 8, 1:08*pm, Engineer wrote:
On Jul 4, 4:23*pm, nesesu wrote: On Jul 4, 11:34*am, "Omer *S" wrote:

(snip)

If I recall correctly, the biggest thing they harped on in that
soldering course was
"do not overheat the connection"! That was followed by a good
mechanical support and
good 'wetting' when re-soldering.

Neil S.- Hide quoted text -

It's the "good mechanical connections" that get us!

I think that was the mistake I was tending to make. I would really do
a good job of attaching the wire mechanically, then solder it. My
thought was that the other joints were not done so well because they
were being done in a mass production environment. I never had any
problems with poor connections on anything that I touched, but I have
cursed myself a few times for tying stuff together too well before
soldering.
Phil