Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Old troy bilt tiller update

stryped wrote:
Update:

Took spark plug out. The piston is not moving. WIth the tiller in
gear, pulling the recoil starter, the tiller will move. (Meaning I
guess the crank is not snapped in half or soemthing.

I plan on taking the engine out tonight.

By the way, I have a 3.5 horse engine layign around. It was attached
ot a pump at one time. Think this would work? It would probably be
underpowered.

Could I weld the current rod?

You could just do the easy thing and install a Kohler on it. TB used
Kohler, B&S, Tecumseh, and a few even had Clintons on them. Shouldn't be
difficult to find one for it.

The catch with the Tecumseh is that the parts can be hard to get for
some engines.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York