Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Electrified Garage door

On Jul 14, 11:18*am, mm wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:55:59 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
On Jul 13, 10:08*pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:
"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message

btw, YOu've never said how hot the door is.

Is it a tingle or a full 110 volts.

Have you ever had a full 110 volts?

It won't usually kill you or come close, but it's a lot more than a
tingle, like we had when our radio with metal chassis with nothing
underneath it, and a chip out of the side of the cabinet, if it slid
partway off the metal table would electrify the whole table, but only
at tingle level.

I've been assuming yours is a tingle.

That could still be a short to ground in your opener, but one that
went through a resistor or something that lowered the maximum current.

It could be a big short costing alot of money, the current would have
already dissipated through the wheels to the track to ground.