Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

Default Projection TV

EricP wrote in

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:05:07 +0100, "mark"
wrote:

I am considering getting a tv projector. I thought it could
project onto a white painted wall rather than a screen.

Will this be satisfactory? Your thoughts please.

mark

That would be ok if the wall was pristine.

Have you looked at the price of the projector lamps and the life of
them?

I've a 2,000 ansi lumens xga projector - it works on a white wall in a room
with pale cream blinds (i.e. nowhere near blackout curtains) and it's
excellent in all but direct sunlight, which does shine through the blinds
and weakens the image. Still, why would you want to watch TV when there's
bright sunlight outside?

Bulbs last 2,000 hours and cost £65 - at our rate of viewing that's
considerably less than £15 per year.

Having said that, I'd probably go for a 3000 ansi lumens next time - mind
you, at the current rate of use, there'll be an entirely different
technology by the time a replacement is called for.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,