David F. Eisan

Default Variable Speed Drill Press

Dear Dave,

The real reason to buy that DP is the almost 6" stroke. I am picking up

the
pre-X5 model on clear out on Monday.

gee, and i thought the REAL reason was so that you could lighten your
wallet by an additional $500 -$600! Not everyone is EVER going to need
that long a stroke (on their DP).

My point was simply that the VS function of the DP isn't that big a deal,
changing belts isn't that much of a hassle, but, if you need a long stroke,
that is one of the few DP's that can do it.

I currently have a 12" DP, and the stroke is just over 3". I had to borrow a
DP from work for one of my last projects that required eighty 11/64" holes
drilled 4-1/8" deep into the sides of boxes. Very few people need that kind
of stroke, but if you need it, you need it.

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/
Archives http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search