Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default A/C weirdness

"Jud McCranie" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 17:07:17 -0700, Nate Certified Heating and Coolong
Technician wrote:

Sounds like the reversing valve is getting stuck/not switcing. It
could be the thermostat causing it or it could be the valve itself.
Bottom line, if it's blowing hot air when you call for cooling then
the reversing valve is not doing what it should. You need to have
someone that knows what they are doing look at it as the last one did
not. You should choose a company that has Nate certified techs. See
this link:

http://www.natex.org/consumer_locator.htm

Only one certified in my area and they aren't the one.

I told them that I thought it was actually blowing heated air at one
time, but they thought it was just un-cooled air recirculated. I've
felt the output of air conditioners enough that I can tell if the
compressor is running or not, and there is no doubt in my mind that
this was actually putting out heated air.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Don't forget that the heat pump could be in the cooling mode but the
auxillary heat strips are coming on. If the unit is in cooling mode the air
from the outside unit should be warm. If it is colder than ambient, it is in
the heating mode.

Don Young