Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Fridge and GFCI trips

On 2008-07-12, BobK207 wrote:

small fan with two wire cord & all plastic construction *(including
housing & fan on/off, two speed switch) *mounted to a wooden window
frame.

Trips GFI about 50% of the time when switched quickly from high speed
to low speed and sometimes *when switching off.

Where is the leakage to ground? * Seems like something else is
happening.

oh, I tired the fan on four different GFI's ...trips on two of them
but never on the "other" two !?

Are the GFI's "bad" * (and which ones?) * or is the fan a problem?

Good example. *I guess the the fan shouldn't trip the the GFI--were
the two that tripped of recent vintage?

Cheers, Wayne

All four were recent installations.....within the last year.

All were identical models.

cheers
Bob