Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bookcase headboard

wrote in message
After hunting for a decent bookcase headboard, I decided to build my
own. The decent ones (I found) were expensive.

snip
I would like to know if anyone would recommend a good stain to put on
it..? Also I'd like to build a platform bed base to go with it - the one
with the drawers underneath. But I think that'd be a bit ambitous given
my limited woodworking tool collection..

Wow, its 1980 again. Minwax stain is decent as are most major brands at the
local paint store. If the wood is pine, a precondition helps give a more
even application.