Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Bookcase headboard

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 15:28:17 -0400, wrote:

After hunting for a decent bookcase headboard, I decided to build my
own. The decent ones (I found) were expensive.

I was able to do a decent job given I only used a router, a circular saw
and a drill. I've still got some finishing touches to put on it.

I would like to know if anyone would recommend a good stain to put on
it..? Also I'd like to build a platform bed base to go with it - the one
with the drawers underneath. But I think that'd be a bit ambitous given
my limited woodworking tool collection..

I've never built drawers in my life. Are there any free plans floating
around for a base like that? I guess I could do what I did for the
bookcase HB and go to a store and lift some measurements. :)

Any help would be appreciated..thanks..

Is this PT wood?

Search webtv for the plans.