Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Putting up drywall

I always hang full sheets in the field. There is usually always
at least one sheet that has no cuts. I work commercial rock, so
the installation is always vertical, so taper to taper. Cuts go
into the corners. I prefer the 3/4 bullnose TrimTex o.s. corner
beads, the rock stops flush with the framing on os corners. No
butt joints, walls can be shadow free in level 5 work. If you're
running metal studs make sure you pin to the open side of the stud
first.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Jordan" wrote in message
One last question, when it comes to inside and outside corners
what is
the best way to hang the drywall. Should both corners be the
tapered
edge or a cut edge? How bad is it to finish if one side is
tapered and
one is not? I read that either out side corners should not be
tapered,
but no mention of inside corners. Can you put a tapered edge and
a non
one in an inside corner?
Thanks