Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default PICTURES -- Lathe transport, cleanup etc (it runs)

Ignoramus24584 wrote:
Pictures of how I moved it (was not a big deal):

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Clau...-Transporting/

Pictures of initial cleanup and reassembly:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Clau...nd-Reassembly/

Good to see that it's home safe. Getting the machine
home and in place without any broken thumbs or cast
iron is half the job.

I just started working on it. The good news is that it seems to run
and switch speeds, power feeds etc.

The bad news is that it has considerable wear, as far as I could
tell. Also what I thought was a on/off/brake lever, does not seem to
switch anything so the lathe is on when the speed selector is on. The
speed selector has five positions, REV2, REV1, OFF, FWD1, FWD2. I will
post a separate question about it.

You built a tig welder from scratch. You can
certainly figure out how to turn it on (: