Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Adhesive for polyethylene sheeting

on 7/13/2008 10:16 AM said the following:
I'm putting polyethylene sheeting on the floor of a crawlspace. My
plan is to run it up the walls (concrete block) and glue it to the
wall to seal and adhere it. Can someone recommend a good adhesive for
this application? Predictably, perhaps, water-based adhesives don't
work; I've had some luck with one of the Liquid Nails (tm) products
(hydrocarbon solvent, not water), but while that was ok, it was not
great. The difficulty, perhaps needless to say, is finding something
that adheres well to the poly.

Thanks,
Mike Lacy
Fort Collins CO

I've used Elmer's wood glue to attach polyethylene panels into the
recessed panels on a wood garage door. They've stuck for some 20 years
now. I don't know how it would work on concrete though.You might try a
spray adhesive like 3M's Blue Tack Carpet adhesive. It says it works on
concrete and polyethylene.
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...ve-603428.aspx
or: http://tinyurl.com/68sr85

--