Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default decent tip to make rolling cabinets stationary

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 08:58:15 -0400, RLM wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 05:08:09 -0700, Limp Arbor wrote:

view he

http://www.woodworkingtips.com/etips/2008/07/10/ws/

The easiest thing to use that I have found to keep any thing that rolls in
one place temporarily is a short length of chain that I whip around the
base of any caster wheel, from one on a cabinet to the caster on a utility
trailer. The chain can be sized from small ball type chain that is used as
a pull cord for a ceiling fan for small casters on cabinets to 5/16 link
chain for the utility trailer. Match the size chain to the size of the
caster.

Murphy's law would indicate that I should wrap castors with electrical cords..
Seems like every time I try to roll something, that's what stops it.. ;-[

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing