geoff

Default How do I make concrete?

In message , Michael
McNeil writes
I have a butt page story for you, but, unfortunately, no documentary
evidence. The story was told me by my brother, who used to lodge with
a nurse. It is the nurse's story. About five years ago an old WW2
veteran used to come into a hospital clinic in the east end of London
suffering from bad haemorroids (piles). The clinic did what they
could, but they could never relieve the most painful pile, which would
hang down and get stuck on the seam of the man's underpants. To rid
himself of the nuisance of this pile, the old man used to push it back
up into his rectum using the artillery shell from an anti-aircraft gun
he used to man in the war. One day the shell got stuck and the man was
forced to hobble down to the hospital to get it removed. As the doctor
was about to insert his fingers into the old man's rectum to remove
the shell he said 'Of course, this shell is spent, isn't it?' 'Oh no,'
said the old man 'There's enough ammo in that shell to blast a
Messerschmidt (sp?) out of the sky.' So the doctor called in the army
bomb squad, who built a lead box around the old man's asshole and
defused the shell in situ, before removing it.
A good little story for VE day, I thought. --
Melanie McGrath

And that m'lud rests the case for the defence
--
geoff