Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default pool heater

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 01:43:26 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:20:30 -0700 (PDT), lloyd
wrote:

I have a Pentair MiniMax pool heater. it's fairly new (5 years or
under) and been working well, but I just noticed that the temp. reads
"high", which according to the manual means that the pool is above 104
degrees, which the pool is no where close to, I've turned the whole
thing on and off, powered it down and back on, still reads "high". and
because it reads "high" it won't turn any heat on. Any suggestions?

thanks,

Lloyd

I bet the thermo sensor is bad. I had to replace mine. I think there
is a site on the net that has the resistance at various temperatures.
I know I had mine jumpered out with a resistor that tricked it into
going. Just don't leave it that way.

Right. I had a friend who left it like this when he went away and his
pool boiled dry.

Just kidding.