Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] mw210461@gmail.com is offline

Default HELP: unique 2.4GHz video xmitter interference, what causes it?

On 12 Jul., 20:52, (GMAN) wrote:
In article , "hr(bob) " wrote:

On Jul 11, 2:30=A0pm, Adrian C wrote:
wrote:
A classical interference. PAL operates at 25cycles per second, German
power at 50Hz, what does this tell about the interference spectrum/
freq?

If you are using SCART, it's probably the internal tuner output from
your TV crossmodulating with the output from the sender receiver box.
Open up the SCART lead at the TV end and cut pin 19 (composite video
out). Or you may be able to switch this output off in a setup menu.

For a quick check before you do any of this - remove the aerial lead
from the TV. What happens? :-)

--
Adrian C

What about a microwave oven????

Bob Hofmann

I bet you have an XBOX360? Their wireless radio in the box that communicates
with the controllers cuases massive interference within the2.4ghzrange.

What i dont get is why doesnt the FCC get after Microsoft on this one????

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15821/1103/

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6136388.html

http://www.joystiq.
com/2007/12/15/strange-xbox-360-signal-might-affect-wireless-lans/- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Actually I DO NOT have an XBOX 8-( - and I don't miss it 8-)
And remember that I unplugged all devices and also pulled breakers
where needed? I literally sat in the dark with only the TV sets, Sat
receiver and xmitter working.

But I DO have success, sort of:
the transmitter allows to select 4 different broadcast channels, and
in one (D, the highest?) I noticed that the wide speckled and running
bar disappeared. It was replaced by 2 very narrow and absolutely
static ones! That was actually good news, as it was a DIFFERENT
interference, one I quickly identified as being from my own wireless
base station, located in the same room as the 2.4GHz receiver. That
one can be unplugged anytime; also I am considering to disable/cut the
transmitter or antenna - the base is not actively used, it only serves
as a charger for one cordless phone. It produces a very sharp, whitish
bar, in synch with the receiver for some reason (overtone or fraction
of the xmit frequency I suppose?), no audio interference noticable.
I am quite convinced that the other broad noise is indeed from a
neighbor's WiFi/WLAN system. What is baffling is that the plentitude
of my own wireless devices (with the exception of the one phone base
in the same room) have absolutely no impact on the xmitter/receiver
signal, and this ******* HAS, from 100ft away, through several 1foot
mason walls.
Anyways - thanks for the ideas, hints and suggestions, highly
appreciated!
michael