Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Curtis Brown Curtis Brown is offline

Default surge suppressor

"Bill" wrote in message
Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 09:12:54 -0700, Bill put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:09:00 -0700 (PDT),
" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

----uuuuuu----,________________
M l
Line |,,,,, __l__ To alarm panel input
in | | ____
M GND l
-----uuuuuu----'_________l,______
Your ASCII art is barely understandable. You need to use a fixed width
font.

- Franc Zabkar
It's readable if you think back to the 'ladder logic' days. I can read
it fine uuu = inductor, M = caps, (unless it means "surgistor").
There's only so much you can do on an ASCII terminal.
Bill Baka

I don't have a problem with the OP's choice of letters and symbols.
The problem is that the characters don't appear in their intended
columns. To see what I mean, paste this message text into your word
processor and select a fixed pitch font such as Courier New. Then
change the font to a variable pitch type. I find that Tahoma (Western)
or Britannica Bold give me the best rendering of the OP's drawing.

That's one of today's problems, started my M$ and their zillion fonts for
windows.

Now select a variable pitch font, start a new line, and type ten
spaces followed by a period. Then start a new line and type ten 8s,
followed by a new line and ten underscores, new line, and ten dashes,
etc. Now do the same for a fixed pitch font.

- Franc Zabkar

Oh Franc,
Let him have some fun. At least he isn't that Curtis Brown jerk/troll.
Bill Baka

He ain't going to have some fun until you go over there and jerk him off and
lick up his cum you jerk/troll.