Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tiling a shower floor

If the plastic shower pan has been set on a bed of concrete (as many
plastic shower pans and tubs are), then it would probably have the
stability to hold up under the tile. This method for installing plastic
poducts was code in place I lived.

On Sat 12 Jul 2008 07:32:27p, Art told us...

A plastic shower pan could never hold the weight without flexing and
cracking the tile.

"Harlan Messinger" wrote in message
Just brainstorming here, expecting No for an answer. If I have a
prefabricated shower floor and I want a tile floor, can I instead just
tile the prefab floor instead of taking it out and starting all over

with
pre-pan and paper and all that?

--
Wayne Boatwright