Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default HELP: unique 2.4GHz video xmitter interference, what causes it?

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:

I bet you have an XBOX360? Their wireless radio in the box that
communicates with the controllers cuases massive interference within the
2.4ghz range.

What i dont get is why doesnt the FCC get after Microsoft on this one????

As far as the FCC and wireless gear is concerned you can move the source
of the interferrence. I've read many disclaimers on various wireless
apparatus stating to the effect of that. I imagine it's because of the low
power output that there is no tight regulation.

That's about the size of it. The XBOX360, 802.11 b/g network devices,
and 2.4-gig video senders are all certificated under Part 15 of the
FCC regs. They are not individually licensed.

They all have to comply with certain power output rules.

In terms of sharing spectrum, such devices [1] must not interfere with
licensed users of the spectrum, and [2] must accept interference from
any and all devices, both licensed and unlicensed.

In short, as long as it's properly designed and certificated, an
XBOX360 and its controllers has just as much right to use the 2.4 gig
spectrum as do 802.11 network devices and 2.4-gig video senders. None
of these is protected from interference by any other. It's up to
their owners/users to cooperate in order to alleviate any interference
which does occur.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO