Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default PICTURES -- Lathe transport, cleanup etc (it runs)

Ignoramus24584 wrote:
Pictures of how I moved it (was not a big deal):

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Clau...-Transporting/

Pictures of initial cleanup and reassembly:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Clau...nd-Reassembly/

I just started working on it. The good news is that it seems to run
and switch speeds, power feeds etc.

The bad news is that it has considerable wear, as far as I could
tell. Also what I thought was a on/off/brake lever, does not seem to
switch anything so the lathe is on when the speed selector is on. The
speed selector has five positions, REV2, REV1, OFF, FWD1, FWD2. I will
post a separate question about it.

Quite impressive! You need to quantify the wear, to see if it
can still do easy jobs, or if it must be rebuilt pretty much
immediately. I can give lots of advice in how to turn it into a
2-year project, if you are looking for such self-abuse, as I did
that on my 15" Sheldon lathe.

Jon