Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default How to figure deck boards

"jdguay" wrote

OK, its exactly 18' 6". I can't change the width because the deck
frame is still in place. I have some of the old deck boards but alot
of them broke when I was taking them out.

Interesting thread! I've not done this but would one seam be acceptable?
Measure and see if you have a spot where the floor beam hits just right to
use a 12ft and but up the end of something shorter to make up the
difference? This would make a single seam all along which you may not want
but seems easier? Perhaps if the floor beams are even, you could alternate
the pattern so a seem on every other board and another set on the other side
just like it?