CW

Default What finish for an oak porch swing?

Note he did say "if indeed a spar varnish". Spar varnish was devoloped for
spars and masts. Since they bend and flex a lot, spar varnish is quite
flexible. Sice not a lot of people have wooden sailing ships these days,
most manufacturers have changed the formulation so what is said to be spar
varnish is actually regular varnish.
"Leon" wrote in message

"Ron Magen" wrote in message
DO NOT use 'Spar' Varnish.

If it is indeed a 'SPAR Varnish' it will NEVER get 'hard'; it isn't

supposed
to. On a beautiful, warm Summer day, you could literally 'glue your ass'
onto the seat.

Thanks for the note but... I have used a Spar varnish for an out door

bench
swing that set out in direct sunlight in Houston TX... So it did get quite
hot but not sticky. On a side note though, I did put on thin coats and
oddly the flying wasps ate the finish off the wood.... Go figure. I

then
painted the darn thing.