Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Cordless phones

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 08:17:43 -0400, Claude Hopper
wrote:

MiamiCuse wrote:
Can someone recommend a cordless phone that has long lasting batteries that
will not "degrade" a lot over time?

I have two cordless phones, and when they were new, the batteries last 3 to
4 days, then after a few months or so of usages and charging/recharging,
they no longer hold charge as long, and it gets worse and worse until the
charge will hold for only about 15 minutes.

I understand those batteries have memory and you have to let it die before
you recharge and if you leave it on the charger too long it could also ruin
it. However, I simply cannot manage to do that, I have two cordless phones
and I don't want them to die in the middle of a call, so I do charge them
before they run out, also I don't remove them from the charger as soon as
they are done, I sometimes leave them on the charger too long.

I have purchased new replacement batteries and they work for a few months
and then back to not holding charge again.

Are there cordless phones out there that will hold charges? I am ready to
toss my two phones into the garbage!

MC

I had nicad batteries in my cordless phone that lasted for many years. I
leave them on the charger all the time. One cordless phone I put away
for a few years while I had cell only. Took it out of storage, plugged
it in and back in business again, batteries at least 7 years old. It's
back in storage again, I'm back to cell only again. I can no longer have
a phone that I can't take with me everywhere I go.

I wish I could do that. However, the cellular reception is real bad
here. About .3 of the time, there's no signal. The rest of the time,
calls are full of dropouts. The situation outside is only SLIGHTLY
better.

BTW, this is in town and the signal is very good miss than a mile
north, and less than a mile south of here (business areas).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word
in the Gospels in praise of intelligence."
--Bertrand Russell