Steve Turner

Default Variable Speed Drill Press

David F. Eisan wrote:
Dear Ernie,

The real reason to buy that DP is the almost 6" stroke. I am picking up the
pre-X5 model on clear on on Monday.

There ya go! That's exactly the problem I've had with my plain ol' drill press
I don't know HOW many times. The variable speed would sure be nice too, but I
tend to use my drill press for many things other than wood so I probably need
to change speeds more than the average woodworker.

Actually, I find the drill press to be one of the most useful tools in my shop.
In so many posts where the newbies have asked "what tool should I buy first?"
I've been tempted to suggest it, but I figured I'd get poo-pooed :-)