Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Putting up drywall

On Jul 12, 12:04*am, Jordan wrote:
On 7/11/2008 8:48 PM Jordan spake thus:

Im getting ready to drywall one of my rooms and am going to hang it
horizontally. My question is can I run it all horizontal or do I have
to break it up at some point and put one board verticle. I read some
where about some 4-1-4 rule but noting to explain it. My room is 20x26
and the walls are 93 inches high from floor to top of joist (kind of
and odd size).

4-1-4 rule? I think someone was pulling your L-E-G. Pick your
orientation and stick with it - it's much simpler to tape that way.

Are 4x8 sheets of drywall actually 48" X 96"? If so it looks like I'll
have to cut some off every sheet.
thanks

Yep, and yep.