Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Skylight window recommendations

Ron wrote in
:

On Jul 10, 10:54*pm, Red Green wrote:
Ron wrote
innews:81f60b4f-c6da-42e3-88d6-7c0eccb9448

:

On Jul 8, 10:37*am, "J.H. Holliday" doc@okcorral wrote:
"Aaron Fude" wrote in message

om

Hi,

I'm looking to install fixed skylight windows in the North East
of the US. What are some of the best companies? How about Velux?

Thanks!

Aaron

Whatever brand you buy, stop by Wal-Mart and pick up a few plastic
bucket
so you have something to catch the water from the leaks...

Properly installed skylights, don't leak. rolling eyes

Properly installed QUALITY skylights don't leak. Just like properly
installed quality roofing.

I am nothing more than a professional wanna-be. I've never had a
roof, flashing, valley, window, skylight, chimney, or door leak. I
read authoritative info. I follow directions. That's the only
difference between a professional and a professional wanna-be.

Skylights aside...are you saying that if you follow directions, and
read up on said project, that you can do just a good of job as a pro,
no matter what the job is?

Certain things yes, certain things no and certain things better.

Points:

In the same timeframe as a pro providing we are doing the
exact same work & detail, no.

You can read all you want on taping and mudding drywall
but it takes a lot of experience to do it like a pro.

I will not do half-assed good 'nuff, who'll ever know things.

There's a good enough possibility it will be done better than
a pro in SOME cases.

You need to know your skillset and ability to figure things out from
them.

But the real question is what is a pro?
The Borg has "Pros".
Someone listed in the Yellow Pages that lists the service?
Someone who has been hacking for 10 years?