Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default Our phones won't ring!

On Jul 11, 5:52*pm, wrote:
Someone called me on my cell and told me that they called my home
phone, and it just rang and rang.

But I was right here...it never rang, and the machine didn't pick up.

Weird thing is, I can call out. *And I can call the home phone from my
cell, and I can answer the home phone and connect even though it isn't
ringing.

I have a Panasonic DECT phone with 3 handsets. *I unplugged this, and
still, the wired phones in the garage and laundry room don't ring!

Any ideas?!?

I've always heard that a bad ground at the service entrance would
cause that.
Personally never seen it, but everyone who ever reported that problem
also reported that as the solution.