Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Gunner's kind

wrote in message
On Jul 11, 1:00 pm, "Ed Huntress"

Secondly, the UK's system is hardly a good example. When you look at most
healthcare systems around the world, you find that these stories about
delayed care are not typical of most of them.
Ed Huntress

But there is no way you can know that a US
universal healthcare system will be better than the
New Zealand or UK system.

That's true. But I also know there's no way Americans will tolerate the
present system as it continues to self-destruct. First we'll have some
movement toward a single-payer system. As it takes hold, costs will go up
and people will go ballistic. Next, we'll start working on the costs. That's
where it will get interesting. But single-payer healthcare is as inevitable
as a rash of new nuclear power plant startups within the next 20 years.

My guess is that being bigger it will probably be worse.

It will get more expensive. Then we'll have to make a lot of tough
decisions. That's the future of healthcare, no matter which way it goes. We
can't afford advancing healthcare technology if it keeps going in the
direction it's currently developing.

Maybe if Congress is forced to have the same
universal healthcare and not allowed to have
private insurance.

We should insist upon it.

You young kids are optimists.

The alternative to optimism is to sit back and wait to die.

--
Ed Huntress