Posted to alt.home.repair

Default hardwood floor refinishing

On Jul 11, 8:57�am, bill wrote:
The Clarke Square Buff or Oscillating Sander Isn't for Sanding the
wood down to natural wood again; however it can be used for taking
lines and marks out of the floor made by more aggressive sanding
machines and paper. Its best applications are to buff the first coat
of poly before you put others on or to work in the stain. You can try
to use it but every time I've seen someone use that to "sand" a floor
they spend a ton of money and time and still do not even get through
the old poly. And still call a pro.

Perhaps you should think about contacting a company just for sanding.
They would charge you a reasonable rate. Quite a bit less then for a
total refinish. The Staining and poly application are a breeze.

Always off based @www.totalflooring.org

old finish must be varnish, mostly worn off.

home built in 1950 doubt floors ever refinished, we have lived here
since 1972.