Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Soldering tips/advice

On Jul 11, 2:19*pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article m, David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 7/11/2008 5:48 AM Doug Miller spake thus:

In article , evodawg
wrote:

Yeah whatever I do it for a living. And the propane does not get it
hot enough, unless you want to be there for 20 minutes and then you
burned all the flux off the fittings.

Sorry, I just don't believe that you "do it for a living". Anybody
who has done that even casually on a weekend wouldn't claim that you
need MAPP to solder half-inch pipe. Propane works just fine -- as
anyone who has ever *really* done it knows. Sure, MAPP is faster. But
the idea that it takes 20 minutes to solder one half-inch joint with
propane is just nonsense.

True that. I may not "do it for a living", but have sweated enough 1/2"
copper with a lowly propane torch to know that it only takes a few seconds.

Well, maybe a minute... :-)

Seems like your general writing demeanor and lack of skill point up just
how authoritative you really are ...

I'm assuming you meant that for 'evodawg' and not me, despite the way it
reads.

I guess he missed with his demeanor.