Posted to alt.home.repair
CL \dnoyeB\ Gilbert CL \dnoyeB\ Gilbert is offline

Default "chain" surge suppressers?

Gary H wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:35:14 -0400, "CL \"dnoyeB\" Gilbert"
wrote:

[snip]

Current takes the path of lease resistance.

A common error. Current takes ALL possible paths. Relative resistance
affects how it's divided.

[snip]

Yes, I did misspeak. I am used to saying it that way. In fact its this
relative resistance division that makes local protectors just as good as
remote ones.

The only thing worth mentioning is that the device protects everything
downstream of it. So a fuse panel protector will protect a lot more
devices. But it still wont protect the better.

CL