Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Boyd Carl Boyd is offline

Default Gunner's kind

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 02:46:20 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:38:50 +1200, Jack wrote:

"Libertarian legacy?
Ron Paul's campaign manager, 49, dies uninsured,
of pneumonia,leaving family $400,000 debt of medical
bills.
What a testament to the Libertarian creed, which
abhors the idea of universal health care."
mo

http://tinyurl.com/5davpe

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to
--

At least he didn't force his neighborhood, at gun point, to pay his
medical bills.

You really want to be one of the jack booted thugs forcing everyone
around you to cough up the dough for Your Kind... Comrade?
Gunner

The guy wouldn't owe $400k if the left had it's way...he would have died
a long
time ago from lack of treatment.

...and/or misdiagnosis, wrong treatment, or negligence, not to mention
hospital-only totally-antibiotic-resistant strains of ghastly bugs.

Wrong-leg amputations still happen at $7-per-aspirin hospitals.

All three of you are as nutty as fruitcakes. First, Gunner: You didn't
seem to mind that the neighborhood paid your wife's bills, when she had an
emergency and you weren't insured. Even if you pay them back, you seemed
willing to squeeze the system for a loan. And what happens if you get
disabled? Then you've squeezed them for the whole tab.

Tom: The evidence is the opposite. Where they have universal healthcare,
they have vastly better preventive care. In the US, Mt. Sinai hospital in
New York, one of the best diabetes treatment hospitals in the world, can't
get insurance companies to pay for diabetes training and prevention. But
the insurance companies will pay for an amputation. There's free market
healthcare for you.

Larry: The misdiagnoses, etc. are occurring in hospitals that are part of
the *existing*, commercial healthcare system, not some universal
healthcare system. The problem you identify is with a system that runs for
commercial profit rather than for patient care.

What happened to the three of you, did you all start taking the wrong
drugs and get confused? You've got it all backwards.

--
Ed Huntress

I spend 2 years living in England in the late 1980's. For sniffles, and
sneezes the national health care system was fine. For serious problems good
luck. The company I worked for said their best recruiting tool was their
private health care policy and I had to, had to, had to make sure I
mentioned it when I was interviewing job candidates. Two stories:

1 guy I played basketball with tore cartilage in his knee (at work not on
the court). 1st available appointment with National Health Care system was 6
months. He managed to come up with private insurance somehow and got it
taken care of in about 2 weeks.

A co-worker of mine broke his foot one Saturday. National Health Care would
not even talk to him until Monday and could not look at him for at least 10
days. They well could have had to re-break the foot to set it properly.
Private insurance to the rescue.

I was common knowledge, regularly reported in the paper, that old people
were denied care and it was rationed to the "productive" people. I was
surprised that this did not cause and uproar.

Seeing how the government has mishandled education, social security, and
almost everything else it touches, I would hate to give them the health care
system.

CarlBoyd