Preston Andreas

Default What finish for an oak porch swing?

With a spar urethane, you would have cracking and flaking of the finish in a
year or two requiring sanding and refinishing. I would use a premium deck
finish that is also for outdoor furniture. It too will require an
occasional reapplication, but there is no sanding and the application is
easier than urethane.

Check out
http://www.nam.sikkens.com/product.c..._category=deck
In an independent laboratory test of deck finishes, Sikkens came out at the
top.

Preston

"Daryl Drome" wrote in message
om...
I have an unfinished oak porch swing that I'd like to finish.

It will be hanging in a porch that only gets late afternoon sun.

I don't think I really need to stain it. I'm just looking for
something to protect the wood and keep it looking good. Minimal work
applying the finish would be a major plus.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

D.D.