Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Soldering tips/advice

In article , evodawg wrote:

Yeah whatever I do it for a living. And the propane does not get it hot
enough, unless you want to be there for 20 minutes and then you burned all
the flux off the fittings.

Sorry, I just don't believe that you "do it for a living". Anybody who has
done that even casually on a weekend wouldn't claim that you need MAPP to
solder half-inch pipe. Propane works just fine -- as anyone who has ever
*really* done it knows. Sure, MAPP is faster. But the idea that it takes 20
minutes to solder one half-inch joint with propane is just nonsense.