Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default OT Maybe. Infrared Thermometer

On Jul 10, 4:10*pm, Bob AZ wrote:
I would like to have an Infrared Thermometer, Digital, Laser pointing.

I have looked at lots of them online and the pricing is real good to
real high. From $20 to $2000.

So my question is: What are you using and do you like it?

Thanks
Bob *AZ

The guys mentioned a couple of things to look for, but the big thing I
needed was extended temperature range. Cheapies only ran up to 500 F,
I needed something that could handle molten lead and maybe tempering
temps for steel. The one I ended up with runs up to 999 F, cost about
$40 on sale. Can't say as I've used it a whole lot since, but it does
work for A/C stuff, another use I needed. Was HF, but not the usual
on-sale cheapie. Haven't seen it in the store since, usual for
something I like, they discontinue it!

Stan