Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Precast steps

wrote in message
Anyone purchase those pre cast steps, to be used as a basement
entrance?

do they come with a drain built into the bottom step?

I dont want the steps to be covered!

the perspective basement entrance is the only window to the basement.
the other window is covered by a deck.

I am thinking of changing the window into a door, adding steps, and
using this for direct access from basement to back yard.

Some info here
http://www.affordableconcretecutting...-bulkhead.html
http://www.shawneesteps.com/Model.htm
pricing here
http://www.sheaconcrete.com/pricing/Shea_PermEntry.pdf

The base of the steps is a poured pad. Do you have a way of draining water?
I can see a clogged drain causing problems with flooding in the basement.
Covering of leaves + heavy rain = soggy floors.