Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave August Dave August is offline

Default 9 x 20 import lathe plus tooling for sale, $1250, Monterey CA

Don,

As stated, the compound, "useless" 4 jaw, steady rest and face plate are
included, just not pictured, those are "standard equipment" with the machine
and I figured anyone who was interested in this lathe knew what they looked
like from the Enco/Jet/Grizzly web sites.. I was more interested in
picturing all the extra tooling.

I have threaded on this machine and trust me, that compound is such a piece
of s!@# you are better off plunging straight in off that "stout" 4 way than
trying to use the compound.

--.- Dave

On 2008-07-10, Dave August wrote:
So I've finely put up my 9x20 lathe for sale.

[ ... ]

It is the 9x20 import lathe sold by Enco, Jet, Grizzly, Harbor Freight
etc.
It was manufactured in 1988 and is in excellent shape.

It comes with it's original parts manual, 3 jaw chuck, 4 jaw chuck (which
is
pretty useless), face plate, steady rest, compound tool holder and
optional
cabinet stand and work light.

I have replaced the compound with a VERY stout 4 way mounted directly on
the
crossslide, trust me you'll never put the compound back on.

Hmm ... have you ever done any threading on this machine? I
would want a compound when threading to allow the flank angle infeed
instead of straight in infeed.

And the photos don't seem to include the compound, which I do
include in the list of parts, and which is not on the cross-slide. Nor
do they include the "useless" 4-jaw chuck, face plate, and steady rest.

Not that it really matters to me -- I don't think that I'm
anywhere close enough to pick it up, even if I wanted it. But it might
matter to those who are close enough.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564