Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline

Default OT Maybe. Infrared Thermometer

In article
,
Bob AZ wrote:

I would like to have an Infrared Thermometer, Digital, Laser pointing.

I have looked at lots of them online and the pricing is real good to
real high. From $20 to $2000.

So my question is: What are you using and do you like it?

Thanks
Bob AZ

It depends on what you want to used it for. The most critical spec. for
me was the field of view ratio. The HF cheapie has a 8 to 1 ratio, which
means that at 8 inches you have a field of view of 1 inch dia. At 16in
it is 2in. as you can tell this is not of much use if you are trying to
locate a hot spot at a distance. I purchased a 30:1 unit for under $100
thru Amazon via the Tool Gopher. Also the temp. range may be important
to you. If you can be more specific others on the group may be able to
help you further.

Chuck P.