Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default PROBLEM: CD Player Digital Output

EADGBE wrote:
I have a Yamaha CX-1000 preamp and I just acquired a used Yamaha CD
player that has a digital output (CDX-710).

The CX-1000 preamp has digital inputs on it. Even though this CD
player sounds fine through the analog outputs, I wanted to hear what
the digital output sounded like.

I used a Monster Cable Datalink SP/DIF cable I had lying around to
connect the two.

PROBLEM: I get perfect audio through the left channel, but nothing at
all in the right channel. Needless to say, the CD player sounds great
in BOTH left & right channels when I use its analog outputs.

What could the problem be?

The problem is a fault in the sending device, or the receiving device.

geoff